This post was most recently updated on December 2nd, 2016
Shoes Too Big? This May Be Your Quick Fix!
You know that moment when you’ve literally found your sole mate? It’s the perfect style, the perfect color & it’s even on sale! But maybe, just maybe you’ve overlooked that these pretty-as-pie shoes are too big? Or maybe you found that fabulous pair, but somehow managed to stretch them out & now they no longer fit so well?
That’s what happened to me with one of my newer pairs; these gold capped beige heels from Ivanka Trump, pictured in this post. After a night of dancing, what I believed to be a perfectly fitting shoe, became too large, with an obvious gaping hollow back-end of my heel. Now, not only are these shoes too big, they’re relatively uncomfortable to walk in & look sloppy. Tragic, I know.
But many regular insoles will simply lift your foot, rather than correcting size length. Great at creating an all-over tighter fitting shoe, but some of us don’t want that. Some of us ladies just want to resolve the problem of our shoes being too long in length!
That’s why I had to try Shoe Sizers as soon as I spotted them on Twitter! They’re a fab little foam shoe insert for shoes that are too big.
How does it work? Well, the product fits at the tip of your closed-toe shoes (please note that the don’t work in an open toe shoe!!) to reduce the shoe size & close up that silly looking gap at the back. I mean, we don’t want to look like we’re wearing our mothers shoes, now do we?? Small side note: I am simply baffled at how MANY friends & fellow bloggers I see wearing shoes that are obviously far too large. It makes me cringe. Every. Time. But I digress…
As Sizers sent me a multi-pack sampler of their shoe inserts, I was able to try them out in the 3 available sizes. Yes, you can make shoes shorter by a quarter, half or full size, which is completely novel, considering the one-size-fits all options out there! Each Sizer “size” is also color coded so you don’t get the inserts mixed up. I love how colorful they are & think they look pretty comical, because at certain angles they look like dentures! And there’s a reason: they’re purposely scalloped to fit the rounded tips of our toes, so that they stay in place.
How to Use Sizers Shoe Inserts
It’s a simple 2 step process really: pick the size that works best & insert into the tips of your shoes with the rounded edges facing your toes. That’s it, folks!
Shoe Sizers – Review
I tried Sizers in a couple pair of closed-toe shoes that were either purchased too big or somehow stretched out. This is what I noticed:
- Loved how easy these are too use: no mess, no fuss.
- They stayed in place & after a few minutes of getting used to, didn’t feel bothersome. Just make sure you use the correct size correction for optimum comfort & look.
- The foam inserts are squishy & bendy enough to fit into a pointed-toe pump too.
- Most importantly, this shoe accessory actually works to make shoes smaller! Check out the comparison with & without the shoe inserts, below:
Not Wearing Shoe Sizers Inserts to Make Shoes Smaller
Wearing Shoe Sizers To Make Heels Fit
10 Reasons to use Sizers in your Big Shoes
- They’re light & portable with a smooth non-sticky surface
- They’re idiot-proof. If I can use them, anyone can 😉
- Make big shoes much more comfortable to stand & walk in
- Save you money: You can wear that too-large pair without any more “I bought it too big” regrets!
- Makes you look less sloppy. You think people won’t notice but
- For all you allergy ridden people, Sizers are hypoallergenic & latex free
- They’re waterproof, so they won’t get soggy
- They’re reusable: simply pull them out
- They’re fully washable. Because if they weren’t….eew!
- Discretion is key: Sizers will solve your “shoes too big” problem & no one will even know!
5 People Who’d Benefit from Sizers Shoe Inserts
- Well, if you have any closed-toe boots, flats or shoes that are too big & long in length. But you knew that already, ha! Gotta have fun pointing out the obvious sometimes 😉
- Petite feet? If you have trouble finding your shoe size in the style you desire, these are a great solution for you
- Have one foot that’s bigger than the other (and most of us do)? Use one Sizer with the smaller foot to fix the problem!
- Models & Bloggers: make your sample sizes fit you just right
- Stylists: Your perfect styling needs not to be ruined by ill-fitting shoes (so put those cotton balls away!)
So yeah, I’m giving this novel little product that happens to create big results, a 2 thumbs-up. That all being said, I do highly recommend buying shoes in your exact size for optimum comfort & fit. Nothing will fit & feel better than your actual shoe size. But ladies, I get it: once that too large shoe has been purchased/has possibly been stretched out/your feet have shrunken in the winter (and we can’t buy 2 sets of shoes now can we?!), these fun little shoe inserts are your best bet to fix shoe that are, or have become too big.
Now if Sizers could only make a reverse insert that makes small shoes fit bigger, we’d be all set 😉 You can purchase Sizers as a multi-pack, or individually directly from their website at shoesizers.com or from Amazon.
Due to the many inquiries I’ve received via email & in the comments section below, I’ve created a brand new post to help solve even more of your “shoes too big” dilemmas!
Check out my comprehensive post on how to make shoes smaller, for all shoe types 🙂 Some of these hacks might surprise you!
Photos 1, 4-6: Conrad Collaco Photography
**This post is brought to you in collaboration with Sizers: shoe inserts for shoes that are too big. All opinions expressed are my own**