As a shoe blogger, I receive a decent amount of shoes on a regular basis. Yeah, I know, poor me, right?! Shoe gloating aside, it's been a while since I've been this silly excited about the overall amazingness of a particular shoe.
Enter these fab womens tassel loafers. This pair of ShoesinItaly menswear-inspired flats are really something else. And it's not only because they're oh-so pretty (& a surprisingly easy shoe to incorporate into a chic street style outfit!).
I'm not usually into menswear type footwear, but these types of loafers are so charming! But as this is my year to switch up my look a little, I knew as soon as I spotted these shoes flash across my computer screen, that they were the ones that I had to add to my ever-expanding shoe closet. So I hit Enter…
Photography by Justin Boucher
But first, let's digress a little bit & talk about shoe shopping experiences, shall we?
What I've sadly become used to these days is trying to find a solid, high quality ALL leather shoe that is comfortable, aesthetically pleasing AND affordable! Affordable shoes are easy enough to come by these days, thanks to many fast fashion retailers & budget friendly designer fashion lines. BUT one thing I've noticed with respect to almost all shoes under the $130 price range is a lack of comfort and/or a serious downgrade in quality. Both of these components usually go hand-in-hand. The latter includes the likes of plasticky man-made insoles, lining & sometimes even (hold onto your hats for this one!) a fake leather upper. Sadly, these are the things my champagne taste-radar quickly notices. Working in the shoe industry has also made me über observant in the shoe detail department!
So back to these golf-inspired tassel loafers from Shoesinitaly. This new, Italian husband & wife teamed company might be US-based, but gets its shoes & heels made right in Italy. And it has a lot more to offer than solely attractive shoes (pun intended, yes indeed!). Because, for the shoe snob, ‘pretty' on its lonesome is just not enough, am I right?!
Shoes in Italy Women's Tassel Loafers:
- Aside from the outer most layer of the outsole, these shoes are made entirely of genuine, soft leather. That includes the tassels, the fringe, inner lining, upper & even 95% of the outsole.
- You might not know that many outsoles are simply glued onto the upper of the shoe. This keeps prices down, but diminishes the shoe's durability & quality. Shoesinitaly remains old-school in its shoe-making process & the soles of these loafers are sewed on.
- Worth noting that these shoes aren't mass-produced, but delicately hand crafted, which accounts for the ‘solid' construction of the shoe. The interior beauty shines through to the exterior of these womens tassel loafers!
Comfort & fit:
- Sinking my feet into a pair of shoes made of soft leather even on the inside is an amazing feeling. I've walked a ways in these already, all without the need for extra padding in the insoles. And I thought sneakers were my only surefire comfortable shoes option!
- I appreciate the addition of a rubber outer layer to the outsole, nixing my need to go to the local cobbler to get one added on. (I'm not a fan of the slippery nature of a smooth leather outsole. I need traction for Pete's sake!).
- These tassel loafers fit my narrow feet perfectly, but are soft enough to expand where needed to provide extra comfort. So I'd say they will nicely fit a narrow to medium wide foot.
- The loafers fit true to size, as stated on the brand's website
- I don't normally wear masculine flats, but these are so beautifully shaped & lack not in feminine grace.
- Perfect combo of a classic style with a trendy twist. I also love the delicate light grey with the stark white base.
Cost & Shipping
- If I didn't know that these flats cost $139 USD, I would have guessed more. I haven't seen many well made shoes at this price point that didn't retail at around $250.
- US shipping & returns are free & speedy.
- The only con I can come up with in terms of these shoes & Shoesinitaly in general is that they only ship to the US….for now! I'm hoping that as the business expands, so will their geographical shipping area 🙂
Womens Tassel Loafers: c/o ShoesinItaly, White Purse: c/o Jeanne Lottie, Blouse: Sisley, Shorts: GAP
I'm so glad I decided to try a new shoe style this time around! Also because I never realized how easy it would be to integrate into a simple white-shirt-denim-jeans combo (my go-to look).
These grey & white tassel loafers also work great styled with a structured or flirty dress. I can't wait to find more ways to wear them!
Shop similar white tassel loafers