This post was most recently updated on March 13th, 2015
The 87th Academy Awards had a spectacular display of ball gowns, beaded dresses. And celebrity shoes! Well, kind of. The very best display of the 2015 Oscars red carpet shoes was difficult to pinpoint. More so than, say, the Golden Globes red carpet or the People’s Choice Awards red carpet. Why? Because they were tricky/almost impossible to spot under those black-tie worthy aforementioned long dresses! That being said, I am certainly thankful of high-low frocks & über high slits that many of the talented celebs wore, making it that much easier to shoe spot !
Best 2015 Oscars Red Carpet Shoes
These two rock ‘n Roll ladies really made Oscar Dressing edgy & exciting. And, of course, I loved their shoes!
- Left, Kelly Osbourne & her purple hair looked classy with an edge in a black lace Rita Vinieris gown & dainty tri-strap sandals.
- Model Dorith Mous certainly had the most fun & original shoes of the evening. The satin strap sandals with quirky chunky heels are from Alexander McQueen if I were to swing a wild guess. They’re a cross between figure skates & a sculpture. Definitely daring!
- Known for dyeing their shoes to match the celebrity’s gown, Jimmy Choo offered a few fantastic high heel shoes to complement amazing outfit choices. Jessica Chastain, left, looked exquisite in Navy satin platform ankle strap heels & Givenchy gown.
- Meryl Streep, right, was her usual fabulous self in tasteful black & white attire & fabulous black suede sandals (always Choo).
- Emma Stone took a risk in a pale lime Elie Saab, but got it so right. Her velvet peep toe pumps with delicate ankle straps are so gorgeous. I love the original color! Her heels are designed by Christian Louboutin.
- Louise Roe looked enchanting in a navy & midnight blue patterned Monique Lhuillier gown. Love the mirror silver sandals
- Keltie Knight chose the perfect pair of black santin sandals to go with her two-tone dress. So glad she chose a sandals vs. a boring & less dainty heel!
Nudist Sandals by Stewart Weitzman
Not surprise here! Again, Nudists, the top red carpet shoe of 2014 adorned many a stars feet at the Oscars! Dakota Johnson took my what shoes to wear with a red dress advice & paired her sexy Saint Laurent scarlet number with mirror metallic silver Nudist sandals. Chrissy Teigen opted for silver as well, which perfectly complimented the silver sparkle in her baby blue Zuhair Murad number. Jenna Dewan-Tatum was a fashion twin to Teigen in a bejewelled white Zuhair Murad dress with a plunging neckline & Nudist sandals to math. Jennifer Anniston, middle right, wears her Nudists yet again with a haute yet laid-back Versace gown.
And some close-ups of the some of the best 2015 Oscars red carpet shoes. Clockwise from top left: Kelly Osbourne in black strappy sandals; Jennifer Anniston in Gold Nudist pumps; Dakota Johnson in silver strappy versions of the former; Emma Stone in Christian Louboutin.
- Rosamund Pike was pure perfection in Givenchy couture. The fit, the color, the material = perfection! Although not usually a fan of red shoes with a red dress, these minimal Nudist-like sandals looked absolutely perfect. Couldn’t quite pinpoint the shoe designer of these red satin sandals, but Weitzman does make an awfully similar pair!
So that’s the rundown of my favourite heels from the Oscars last night. And were all sandals, most of which peeked out from beneath the dresses were also single soled vs. the usual platform heel. Pumps didn’t make much of an appearance, although a few women’s brogues surely did! I wasn’t a fan of any of the shoes & dress pairings with those, though, so I opted out of sharing.
But what do you think? Any favorite 2015 Oscars red carpet shoes & looks?
xo Cristina M.
Photo Credits: popsugar.com, google.com, zimbio.com